Feb 1 to Feb 4, 2018
So much is going on this year at the FC Memorial Tournament!
· FC Edmonton Team Photo Booths will be set up at all 3 Edmonton locations
· Kicks Sports will be set up and selling at the East Soccer Center on Saturday and Sunday
· The FC Edmonton Pro shop will be open all weekend selling merchandise at the South Soccer Centre
· All 3 Edmonton centers will be selling raffle tickets for 2 different draws:
50/50 – Draw date will be Sunday at 4pm
FC Edmonton Season Tickets – Draw date will be Sunday at 4pm
We are pleased to announce that the EMSA North Zone, Xtreme Program and FC Memorial tournament have come together to show our support for GIRLS in Soccer! We want to show our GIRLS’ teams what a value they are and promote the continuation of girls in the sport. By joining forces with some pretty amazing people the FC Memorial tournament will be holding a girls only section at the West Soccer Centre on the Saturday and Sunday of the tournament. Some of the initiatives that we have for these teams include the following, we encourage all teams to come out and participate wherever possible:
· Real Hip clothing will be selling girls’ only active wear.
· Free Technical Sessions for all participating U10-U14 age groups hosted by the Girl’s REX Program at West Field 1 on Saturday at 4pm CLICK HERE to participate.
o In partnership with the FC Edmonton the Edmonton REX Girls program aims to prepare and develop players to move onwards to the national and collegiate levels of women’s soccer.
· Presentation by Sarah Chan, the wife of Mayor Don Iveson, at the West center Lounge area Saturday at 6pm to speak on youth advocacy and initiative programs
o Sarah Chan (MA) is a teacher, musician, social advocate, and mother of Dexter and Alice. She makes her living running a full time private piano studio of 36 students. She is also partner to Edmonton’s mayor, Don Iveson. Sarah created and leads United Ways youth initiative. If you're a fan of lists, Sarah is also a Big Sister with Big Brothers, Big Sisters; She was Honorary chair for The Works Festival Gala; Honorary Patron for YESS; A grateful user and advocate for Edmonton Public Library, and board member of Anthology; a member of Apricity, a not-for-profit group that is worked with Boyles Streets H.E.R. pregnancy program last year.
· U of A Panda’s Soccer will have an information table set up in the lobby of the East Soccer Center Saturday evening and Sunday during the day
· Presentation by the U of A Panda’s head coach at the West Center Lounge area Saturday at 7pm to grow understanding of the rigors of being a varsity student-Athlete in the Sports Industry. She will talk about the league, recruitment process. This presentation would be ideal for the U14 & U16 girls age group
· U of A Panda’s team will play a feature match at 12pm on Sunday at the West Center Field 1. This will be a Green vs Gold inters quad match. All teams that are able to attend are highly encouraged to come out and watch.
· U of A Panda’s players & FC Edmonton Players will be assisting with medal presentations of our girls’ teams that are medaling at the West Soccer Centre.